HSC strengthens New York’s nonprofit human services sector, ensuring all New Yorkers, across diverse neighborhoods, cultures, and generations reach their full potential.
The Human Services Council does this by:
- Enhancing the capacity of human services organizations to carry out their missions
- Acting collectively to establish greater balance in the partnership between the human services sector and government
- Influencing public policy and advocating for adequate funding for human services
- Addressing the implications of social, racial, and economic justice issues in human services policy and delivery
- Giving voice to those we serve, highlighting their struggles and how human services programs help them
- Holding government accountable for the needs of all New Yorkers by honoring the commitments made to our communities.