Tuesday, December 13 marked HSC’s 21st annual Leadership Awards Reception. The event was held at The Jewish Museum on 92nd Street and Fifth Avenue. We had over 250 guests in attendance and met our fundraising goal of $150,000. Thank you to everyone who was in attendance and for your support of HSC.
The evening began with Jeremy Kohomban, HSC’s new Board Chair and President and CEO of The Children’s Village, welcoming our guests and introducing New York City Comptroller Scott Stringer and Deputy Mayor Richard Buery for opening remarks.
HSC recognized the following individuals for their service and dedication to the sector:
Advocate of the Year
- Oliver Wyman & SeaChange Capital Partners
- Maya Wiley, Senior Vice President for Social Justice & Henry Cohen Professor of Urban Policy and Management, Milano School of International Affairs, Management, and Urban Policy
Next Generation Leaders
- Nicole Bramstedt, Director of Policy, Urban Pathways
- Jose M. Medellin, Director of Communications, Goodwill Industries of Greater NY and Northern NJ, Inc.
Leaders of Influence
- Don Crocker, Senior Fellow, Support Center/Partnership in Philanthropy
- Igal Jellinek, former Executive Director, LiveON NY
- Nancy Kolben, Executive Director, Center for Children’s Initiatives
- Peter Pierri, former Executive Director, InterAgency Council of Development Disabilities Agencies, Inc.
- John A. Sanchez, Executive Director, East Side House Settlement
- Robert S. Schachter, DSW, Executive Director, National Association of Social Workers, New York City Chapter
Special Recognition for Outgoing Board Chair
- Joel Copperman, Chief Executive Officer, CASES
We would like to thank everyone for their continued support of HSC and the work we do!